All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Animal Purpose, Michelle Y. Burke explores the lives of men and women as they stand poised between the desire to love and the compulsion to harm. She scours the hard edges of the world to find fleeting softness, which she wishes into the world like pollen that covers everything.
- Author BiographyBorn in rural Pennsylvania, Michelle Y. Burke earned a BA in creative writing from Loyola University Maryland, an MFA in poetry from the Ohio State University, and a PhD in English from the University of Cincinnati. She is also the author of Horse Loquela, winner of the Red Mountain Review Chapbook Series Award. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband, the writer Douglas Watson, and their daughter.
- PrizesWinner of Hollis Summers Poetry Prize 2015.
- Author(s)Michelle Y. Burke
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication08/03/2016
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleHollis Summers Poetry Prize
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOhio University Press
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £4.99Trending at £5.14
- £20.99Trending at £22.49
- £8.72Trending at £10.98
- £30.68Trending at £41.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.