Animal Spirits: How Human Psychology Drives the Economy, and Why It Matters for Global Capitalism by George A. Akerlof, Robert J. Shiller (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £10.39Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by wordery
- Est. delivery by 1 Oct
- £5.85Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by revivalbooks
- Est. delivery by 1 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe global financial crisis has made it clear that powerful psychological forces are imperiling the wealth of nations. This title challenges the economic wisdom that got us into this mess, and puts forward a vision that transforms economics and restores prosperity. It asserts the necessity of an active government role in economic policymaking.
- Author BiographyGeorge A. Akerlof is the Daniel E. Koshland Sr. Distinguished Professor of Economics at the University of California, Berkeley. He was awarded the 2001 Nobel Prize in economics. Robert J. Shiller is the best-selling author of Irrational Exuberance and The Subprime Solution (both Princeton). He is the Arthur M. Okun Professor of Economics at Yale University.
- PrizesWinner of getAbstract International Book Award 2009 and TIAA-CREF Paul A. Samuelson Award for Outstanding Scholarly Writing on Lifelong Financial Security 2009 (United States) and China Business New's [CBN] Finance Book of the Year, Financial Value Ranking 2009. Joint winner of Co-Winner of the 2013 Nobel Prize in Economics 2013 and Co-Winner of the 2001 Nobel Prize in Economics 2001 and Silver Medal, Axiom Business Book Awards, Entrepreneurship category 2010 and Robert Lane Award for the Best Book in Political Psychology, American Political Science Association 2010 (United States). Commended for Financial Times (FT.com) Books of the Year 2009 and Bloomberg.com's favorite financial-crisis books 2009 (United States). Short-listed for Financial Times/Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year 2009.
- Author(s)George A. Akerlof,Robert J. Shiller
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication02/02/2010
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note1 table.
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Edition StatementWith a New preface by the authors
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £42.81Trending at £44.99
- £40.97Trending at £44.64
- £12.27Trending at £15.18
- £8.24Trending at £10.00
- £4.93Trending at £7.98
- £16.20Trending at £18.99
- £56.77Trending at £60.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.