All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom blind faith in ever-rising housing prices to plummeting confidence in capital markets, 'animal spirits' are driving financial events worldwide. This book aims to challenge the economic wisdom that got us into this mess, and puts forward a fresh vision that can transform economics and restore prosperity.
- Author BiographyGeorge A. Akerlof is the Daniel E. Koshland Sr. Distinguished Professor of Economics at the University of California, Berkeley. He was awarded the 2001 Nobel Prize in economics. Robert J. Shiller is the best-selling author of Irrational Exuberance and The Subprime Solution (both Princeton). He is the Arthur M. Okun Professor of Economics at Yale University.
- PrizesWinner of getAbstract International Book Awards 2009 and TIAA-CREF Paul A. Samuelson Award for Outstanding Scholarly Writing on Lifelong Financial Security 2009 (United States) and China Business News's Finance Book of the Year 2009. Joint winner of Co-Winner of the 2013 Nobel Prize in Economics 2013 and Co-Winner of the 2001 Nobel Prize in Economics 2001. Commended for Financial Times (FT.com) Books of the Year 2009 and Bloomberg.com's favorite financial-crisis books 2009 (United States). Short-listed for Financial Times/Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year 2009.
- Author(s)George A. Akerlof,Robert J. Shiller
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication29/01/2009
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Weight482 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £18.99Trending at £19.31
- £45.12Trending at £47.49
- £12.16Trending at £15.88
- £8.33Trending at £9.99
- £13.11Trending at £13.59
- £12.86Trending at £16.88
- £10.00Trending at £11.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.