All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is 1972. Meena is nine years old. As one of the only Punjabi inhabitants of her village, her struggle for independence is different from most. She wants fish fingers and chips, not chapati and dhal and to roam the backyards of working-class Tollington with Anita Rutter and her gang.
- Author BiographyMeera Syal is a writer, actress, playwright, comic and novelist. She wrote the screenplays for the films Bhaji on the Beach and the multi-award-winning My Sister Wife. Her TV work includes 3 BBC hit series, The Real McCoy, The Kumars at No 42 and Goodness Gracious Me. She scripted the musical Bombay Dreams, which opened this summer in London. Anita and Me, her first novel, won a Betty Trask Award and was shortlisted for the Guardian Fiction Prize. Her second novel, Life Isn't All Ha-Ha, Hee-Hee, was published in 1999.
- Author(s)Meera Syal
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication04/11/2002
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date04/10/2004
- Weight242 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.65Trending at £4.74
- £4.99Trending at £6.81
- £4.89Trending at £8.96
- £12.33Trending at £16.50
- £9.06Trending at £10.40
- £4.50Trending at £7.98
- £7.36Trending at £9.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.