All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.48
- £18.69Trending at £23.70
- £3.95Trending at £4.04
- £10.30Trending at £15.07
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing from interviews with agents, trainers, managers, and CEOs at call centers in Bangalore and Mumbai, Answer the Call shows that workers in call centers are not quite in India or America but rather in a state of virtual migration. Encouraged to steep themselves in American culture, the agents come to internalize and perform Americanness for Americans--and each other.
- Author BiographyAimee Carrillo Rowe is associate professor of communication studies at California State University, Northridge.
- Author(s)Aimee Carrillo Rowe,Sheena Malhotra
- PublisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationMinnesota
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.