All listings for this product
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £62.00Trending at £68.42
- £11.70Trending at £14.99
- £5.70Trending at £5.95
- £13.65Trending at £13.85
- £11.80Trending at £14.95
- £13.99Trending at £16.58
- £12.63Trending at £17.03
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of the groundbreaking Anthropology and Climate Change presents new foundational chapters, new case studies, and revised and updated contributions from major scholars to examine what we have learned about climate change and what we should do about it.
- Author BiographySusan A. Crate is an associate professor of anthropology in the Department of Environmental Science & Policy at George Mason University. An environmental and cognitive anthropologist, she has worked with indigenous communities in Siberia since 1988. Her recent research has focused on understanding local perceptions and adaptations of Viliui Sakha communities in the face of unprecedented climate change-a research agenda that has expanded to Canada, Peru, Wales, Kiribati, and the Chesapeake Bay. Crate is the author of numerous peer-reviewed articles and one monograph, Cows, Kin and Globalization: An Ethnography of Sustainability (AltaMira Press, 2006), and she is co-editor of the Anthropology and Climate Change: From Encounters to Actions (Left Coast Press, 2009). Crate also served on the American Anthropology Association's Task Force on Climate Change. Mark Nuttall is Professor and Henry Marshall Tory Chair of Anthropology at the University of Alberta. He also holds a visiting position as Professor of Climate and Society at Ilisimatusarfik/University of Greenland and the Greenland Climate Research Centre at the Greenland Institute of Natural Resources. He has carried out extensive research in Greenland, Alaska, Canada, Finland and Scotland, and is co-PI of the EU-funded project ICE-ARC (Ice, Climate and Economics-the Arctic Region in Change). He is editor of the landmark three-volume Encyclopedia of the Arctic (Routledge, 2005) and author or editor of many other books.
- Author(s)Mark Nuttall,Susan Alexandra Crate
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication06/04/2016
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight628 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.