All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.99Trending at £16.45
- £28.65Trending at £29.98
- £14.42Trending at £14.65
- £18.29Trending at £21.98
- £13.23Trending at £14.98
- £24.44Trending at £26.99
- £23.71Trending at £26.09
About this product
- DescriptionAsserts that concepts of race, Orient, and nation have been crucial to efforts across the world to create a sense of place, belonging, and solidarity in the midst of the radical discontinuties wrought by global capitalism. This book includes essays that explore aspects of modernity within societies of South Asia, the Middle East, and Africa.
- Author BiographyVasant Kaiwar is Visiting Assistant Professor of History at Duke University. Sucheta Mazumdar is Associate Professor of History at Duke University. She is the author of Sugar and Society in China: Peasants, Technology, and the World Market. From 1981 until 2002 they served as coeditors of the journal Comparative Studies of South Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication21/04/2003
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited bySucheta Mazumdar,Vasant Kaiwar
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.