Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.15
- £16.56Trending at £24.93
- £22.52Trending at £23.11
- £21.48Trending at £23.39
- £20.99Trending at £24.98
- £31.22Trending at £32.33
- £28.95Trending at £29.73
About this product
- DescriptionBrings together new scholarship on the cross-cultural experiences of intellectuals of African descent since the eighteenth century. The book embraces historian Paul Gilroy's prominent thesis in The Black Atlantic: Modernity and Double-Consciousness and posits arguments beyond The Black Atlantic's traditional organisation and symbolism.
- Author BiographyKendahl Radcliffe, Long Beach, California, is a lecturer of African American studies at the University of California--Los Angeles and assistant professor of history at El Camino College, Compton Center.|Jennifer Scott, Brooklyn, New York, is an assistant professor at the New School for Public Engagement, Parsons School of Art and Design History and Theory, and Pratt Institute Graduate School of Arts and Design.|Anja Werner works with the Institute for the History and Ethics of Medicine at the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg in Germany. Among her major publications is The Transatlantic World of Higher Education: Americans at German Universities, 1776-1914 (Berghahn Books, 2013).
- PublisherUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Date of Publication30/12/2014
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationJackson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byAnja Werner,Jennifer Scott
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.