All listings for this product
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £18.99Trending at £19.29
- £45.12Trending at £47.36
- £12.12Trending at £15.87
- £8.33Trending at £9.96
- £13.11Trending at £13.56
- £12.86Trending at £16.87
- £10.00Trending at £11.86
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a theory of apartness encompassing both point-set topology and the theory of uniform spaces. The first book on the apartness approach to constructive topology, it is a valuable addition to the literature on topology in computer science.
- Author BiographyProf. Douglas S. Bridges is a professor of pure mathematics at the University of Canterbury. His research interests include the constructive foundations of analysis and topology; mathematical economics; computability and abstract complexity theory; and quantum logic. He has published many related articles and papers, among his 8 authored books are Computability: A Mathematical Sketchbook , Foundations of Real and Abstract Analysis , and Techniques of Constructive Analysis . He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of New Zealand, and a Corresponding Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh. Dr. Luminita Simona Vita is an Adjunct Fellow of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Canterbury, and a Senior Business Analyst with the New Zealand Customs Service. Her research interests include constructive foundations of analysis and topology, and recursive function theory, computability and complexity. She has published many related articles and papers, and coauthored Techniques of Constructive Analysis .
- Author(s)Douglas S. Bridges,Luminita Simona Vita
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication08/09/2011
- GenreFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleTheory and Applications of Computability
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content NoteXIV, 198 p.
- Weight485 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2011
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.