All listings for this product
Save on Computer & IT
- £10.08Trending at £19.79
- £11.82Trending at £15.87
- £36.63Trending at £42.25
- £38.22Trending at £41.66
- £24.86Trending at £25.78
- £24.03Trending at £32.38
- £7.79Trending at £8.02
About this product
- DescriptionShows you how to learn to use AppleScript to make your Mac time efficient and enjoyable. This guide is useful for beginners who want to write their first script and also for experienced users. It includes a chapter showing developers how to make Mac applications scriptable, and how to give them that Mac OS X look and feel with AppleScript Studio.
- Author BiographyMatt Neuburg started programming computers in 1968, when he was 14 years old, as a member of a literally underground high school club, which met once a week to do time-sharing on a bank of PDP-10s by way of primitive Teletype machines. He also occasionally used Princeton University's IBM-360/67, but gave it up in frustration when one day he dropped his punch cards. He majored in Greek at Swarthmore College and received his Ph.D. from Cornell University in 1981, writing his doctoral dissertation (about Aeschylus) on a mainframe. He proceeded to teach classical languages, literature, and culture at many well-known institutions of higher learning, most of which now disavow knowledge of his existence, and to publish numerous scholarly articles unlikely to interest anyone. Meanwhile he obtained an Apple IIc and became hopelessly hooked on computers again, migrating to a Macintosh in 1990. He wrote some educational and utility freeware, became an early regular contributor to the online journal TidBITS, and in 1995 left academe to edit MacTech Magazine. In August 1996 he became a freelancer, which means he has been looking for work ever since. He is the author of AppleScript: The Definitive Guide, REALbasic: The Definitive Guide, and Frontier: The Definitive Guide, all from O'Reilly Media, Inc..
- Author(s)Matt Neuberg
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication14/01/2006
- GenreComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight931 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.