Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £20.12
- £9.22Trending at £11.01
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionHow applied linguistics knowledge informs literacy policy, curriculum and pedagogy in primary schools, making literacy teaching more efficient and effective.
- Author BiographySue Ellis studied for her first degree, in Theoretical Linguistics and Language Pathology, at the University of Essex and is currently a Reader in Literacy and Language at the University of Strathclyde. Her research, teaching and consultancy interests are in literacy development, teacher education and in how to make literacy policy work in practice. Her current research projects are on children's understanding and use of characterisation in writing, and on literacy policy development in Scotland and Malawi. With Kathy Hall, Usha Goswami, Colin Harrison and Janet Soler, she has co-edited Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Learning to Read (2010). Elspeth McCartney is Reader in the Speech and Language Therapy Division in the Department of Educational and Professional Studies, University of Strathclyde. She has qualifications in both teaching and in speech and language therapy, and currently teaches and researches in the field of childhood speech and language impairment and therapy. Her major publications are in language interventions for children with specific language impairment and in teacher-therapist co-professional working practices and she has had many research grants on these topics. She is a fellow of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/11/2013
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note25 b/w illus. 15 tables
- Weight480 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byElspeth McCartney,Sue Ellis
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.