Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £109.19Trending at £145.00
- £40.47Trending at £40.93
- £20.00Trending at £36.27
- £56.83Trending at £57.77
- £29.96Trending at £35.99
- £25.67Trending at £29.95
- £27.26Trending at £29.68
About this product
- Author(s)Ulrich Kohlenbach
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication21/10/2010
- Series TitleSpringer Monographs in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight842 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2008
- Table Of ContentsPreface.- Introduction.- Unwinding of proofs ('Proof Mining').- Intuitionistic and classical arithmetic in all finite types.- Representation of Polish metric spaces.- Modified realizability.- Majorizability and the fan rule.- Semi-intuitionistic systems and monotone modified realizability.- Godel's functional ('Dialectica') interpretation.- Semi-intuitionistic systems and monotone functional interpretation.- Systems based on classical logic and functional interpretation.- Functional interpretation of full classical analysis.- A non-standard principle of uniform boundedness.- Elimination of monotone Skolem functions.- The Friedman-Dragalin A-translation.- Applications to analysis: general metatheorems I.- Case study I: Uniqueness proofs in approximation theory.- Applications to analysis: general metatheorems II.- Case study II: Applications to the fixed point theory of nonexpansive mappings.- Final comments.- References.- Index.
- Author BiographyUlrich Kohlenbach has been Professor of Mathematics at the Technische Universitat Darmstadt since 2004. He is a managing editor of the Annals of Pure and Applied Logic .
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.