Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £18.99Trending at £19.31
- £45.12Trending at £47.49
- £12.12Trending at £15.88
- £8.33Trending at £9.99
- £13.11Trending at £13.59
- £12.86Trending at £16.88
- £10.00Trending at £11.87
About this product
- Author(s)Rob Dekkers
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication29/08/2014
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Out-of-print date18/05/2017
- Content Note78 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight602 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction.- Basic Concepts.- System Approaches.- Processes.- Control of Processes.- Steady-State Model.- Autopoietic Systems.- Complex Adaptive Systems.- Organisations and Breakthrough.- Applications of System Theories.
- Author BiographyDr Rob Dekkers (Adam Smith Business School, University of Glasgow) is an active researcher and educator in industrial management and engineering. He uses Applied Systems Theory not only to teach students at all levels, including research students, but also practitioners, professionals and managers in state-of-the-art courses. During his industrial and later academic experience he himself has benefited from system thinking at many occasions for solving industrial problems and consulting companies. Others that have applied the concepts of Applied Systems Theory articulate that they have found it easier to understand holistically challenges they face, to solve problems with more direction and to convince others better of results and solutions. The concepts of Applied Systems Theory are also applicable to research. Dr Rob Dekkers has used systems theories for developing interdisciplinary contributions and research in operations and service management, industrial engineering, organisational design, collaborative (industrial) networks, outsourcing, business process modelling and innovation and technology management. These research projects make use of systems theories, the related science of complexity and evolutionary approaches. This wealth of experience, industrial and academic, have been brought together in this book for managers, practitioners, students and researchers.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.