Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a highly practical text, which can be used by introductory and advanced level students who want to learn how to analyze practical problems and develop solutions based upon social psychological theory and research.
- Author BiographyAbraham (Bram) P. Buunk has been an Academy Professor in Evolutionary Social Psychology at the University of Groningen, on behalf of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences, since 2005. His main current interest is the application of evolutionary theorizing to human social behaviour. He has published widely on applied topics, including professional burnout, jealousy, absenteeism, AIDS-prevention, loneliness, depression, marital satisfaction, well-being among the elderly, and coping with cancer. He is co-editor of Health, coping and well-being: Perspectives from social comparison theory (Erlbaum, 1997), and Solidarity and Prosocial Behaviour (Springer, 2006). He has served on scientific boards for the Dutch Cancer Foundation (NKB-KWF), and the Dutch AIDS Foundation. He was a member of the Programme Committee on Evolution and Behaviour of the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO). Currently Bram Buunk is conducting research in Latin America on various applied psychology themes. Mark Van Vugt is Professor of Social and Organizational Psychology at VU University, the Netherlands, and he holds honorary positions at the University of Oxford and the University of Kent, United Kingdom. He started his academic studies in Psychology in the Netherlands and he worked at various universities in the UK before returning to his birth town Amsterdam to take on a professorship in Psychology. He has published over 100 articles in outlets such as Nature, Psychological Science, and the American Psychologist on various topics in social, organizational and evolutionary psychology, including leadership and management, altruism and cooperation, social identity and intergroup conflict, sex differences, transport and environmental sustainability. He is a former Associate Editor of Journal of Personality and Social Psychology and co-author of several books, including a trade book on leadership, titled Selected (Profile/Harper, 2010) . Mark Van Vugt is a fellow of the Royal Academy of Arts in London and blogs on Psychology Today.
- Author(s)Abraham P. Buunk,Mark van Vugt
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/09/2013
- GenrePsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSAGE Social Psychology Program
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.00Trending at £22.56
- £20.95Trending at £21.65
- £22.95Trending at £23.26
- £23.72Trending at £26.09
- £40.35Trending at £40.79
- £42.67Trending at £47.27
- £20.65Trending at £21.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.