All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication12/07/2016
- GenreAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Note<ul><li><b>hello</b></li></ul>; Illustrations, unspecified
- Weight1590 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byFrederick S. B. Kibenge,Marcos Godoy
- Table Of ContentsPreface General Aspects 1. Introduction to aquaculture and fisheries 2. Classification and identification of aquatic animal viruses 3. Unclassified and unassigned aquatic animal viruses 4. Diagnosis of aquatic animal viral diseases 5. Prevention and control of aquatic animal viral diseases 6. Determinants of emergence of viral diseases in aquaculture DNA Viruses of Fish 7. Poxviruses of fish 8. Iridoviruses of fish 9. Alloherpesviruses of fish 10. Adenoviruses of fish 11. Papillomaviruses and polyomaviruses of fish 12. Circoviruses of fish RNA Viruses of Fish 13. Retroviruses of fish 14. Reoviruses of aquatic organisms 15. Birnaviruses of aquatic organisms 16. Totiviruses of fish 17. Paramyxoviruses of fish 18. Rhabdoviruses of fish 19. Orthomyxoviruses of fish 20. Coronaviruses of aquatic organisms 21. Picornaviruses of fish 22. Caliciviruses of fish 23. Togaviruses of fish 24. Hepeviruses of fish 25. Nodaviruses of fish DNA Viruses of Crustaceans 26. Nimaviruses of crustaceans 27. Nudiviruses and other large, double-stranded circular DNA viruses of invertebrates: New insights on an old topic 28. Historic emergence, impact and current status of shrimp pathogens in Asia 29. Circoviruses of crustaceans RNA Viruses of Crustaceans 30. Totiviruses of crustaceans 31. Togaviruses of crustaceans 32. Roniviruses of crustaceans 33. Historic emergence, impact and current status of shrimp pathogens in the Americas 34. Nodaviruses of crustaceans 35. Bunyaviruses of crustaceans DNA Viruses of Molluscs 36. Iridoviruses of molluscs 37. Malacoherpesviruses of molluscs 38. Papillomaviruses and polyomaviruses of molluscs RNA Viruses of Molluscs 39. Picornaviruses of molluscs Appendix
- Author BiographyDr. Fred Kibenge is Professor of Virology at the Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, P.E.I, Canada, where he has been Chairman of the Department of Pathology and Microbiology for several years, and teaches veterinary virology in the second year of the DVM curriculum. He has been working with animal viruses for more than 30 years in addition to prior extensive post-doctoral research experience in virology in UK and USA. He is a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Microbiologists, ACVM (sub-specialty Immunology). He has published extensively on the detection and virology of fish viruses. Dr. Marcos Godoy has done extensive research in fish diseases, specifically in salmon aquaculture in Chile, with Dr. Kibenge, working in aquatic animal virology to better understand aquatic animal diseases for the prevention and control of such diseases of farmed fish for a sustainable and safe food supply.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.