All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStarting in 1955, and for the following 20 years, MiG-15 and MiG-17 formed the backbone of several Arab air forces. They played a prominent role in four major wars and dozens of minor incidents.
- Author BiographyDavid Nicolle was born in London in 1944. He worked for the BBC Television News and the BBC Arabic Service while also writing for educational magazines on various historical subjects - including aviation - before receiving a PhD from Edinburgh University. While continuing to write and illustrate articles for educational magazines, Dr Nicolle also started writing books on various aspects of aviation and military history - largely focusing upon the Arab and Islamic world. In 1983, he became a lecturer in History at Yarmouk University in Jordan, where he continued to teach until 1987. After returning to England, Dr Nicolle continued to write and now has more than 100 books and dozens of TV documentaries to his name. Tom Cooper, from Austria, is a military-aviation journalist and historian. Following a career in a worldwide transportation business - in which, during his extensive travels in Europe and the Middle East, he established excellent contacts - he moved into writing. An earlier fascination with post-Second World War military aviation has narrowed to focus on smaller air forces and conflicts, about which he has collected extensive archives of material. Concentrating primarily on air warfare that has previously received scant attention, he specializes in investigative research on little-known African and Arab air forces, as well as the Iranian Air Force. Cooper has published 18 books - including the unique 'Arab MiGs' series, which examines the deployment and service history of major Arab air forces in conflicts with Israel - as well as over 200 articles on related topics, providing a window into a number of previously unexamined yet fascinating conflicts and relevant developments.
- Author(s)David Nicolle,Tom Cooper
- PublisherHarpia Publishing, LLC
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleArab MiGs
- Place of PublicationHouston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarpia Publishing, LLC
- Content Notewith 161 b/w, 10 colour pictures, 7 maps, and 32 artwork drawings
- Weight1066 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.03Trending at £12.34
- £11.72Trending at £14.47
- £12.51Trending at £16.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.