Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.95Trending at £17.49
- £8.84Trending at £12.99
- £6.76Trending at £12.08
- £31.88Trending at £40.03
- £12.58Trending at £19.05
- £14.54Trending at £18.37
- £19.44Trending at £30.00
About this product
- DescriptionArchaeology is intimately connected to the modern regime of vision. A concern with optics was fundamental to the Scientific Revolution, and informed the moral theories of the Enlightenment. And from its inception, archaeology was concerned with practices of depiction and classification that were profoundly scopic in character.
- Author BiographyVitor Oliveira Jorge is Professor of Archaeology and Cultural Heritage at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Porto, Portugal. With Julian Thomas, he has edited the book Overcoming the Modern Invention of Material Culture (Porto, ADECAP, 2006/2007), a special issue of the Journal of Iberian Archaeology, that he edits since 1998. Julian Thomas Professor of Archaeology at the University of Manchester. Publications include 'Understanding the Neolithic' (Routledge 1999) and 'Archaeology and Modernity' (Routledge 2004). Prof. Thomas is currently one of the Directors of the Stonehenge Riverside Project, and is Vice President of the Royal Anthropological Institute. E-mail: email@example.com
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Edited byJulian Tomas,Vitor Oliveira Jorge
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition StatementUnabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.