Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £5.80Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by essjays
- Est. delivery by 29 Nov
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst English edition (bilingual) of leading Italian poet of Sardinian parentage translated by leading British poet and foremost translator of poetry into English.
- Author BiographyAntonella Anedda lives in Rome, working as a lecturer in linguistics and as a translator from English French and Latin into Italian. Among the authors she has translated into Italian are Ovid, St John Perse, Philippe Jaccottet and Sylvia Plath. As well as publishing several award-winning poetry collections of her own, she has also published two books of essays. Though born in Rome (in 1958), she comes from a Sardinian family and has passed a great deal of her life between the capital and a small island, La Maddalena, off the coast of Sardinia, and the languages she was brought up hearing were Logudorese, Catalan from Alghero, and Corsican French mixed with the dialect of La Maddalena - and of late she has found herself also writing a number of poems in Logudorese. Her first English edition, Archipelago, translated by Jamie McKendrick, is published by Bloodaxe Books in 2014.
- Author(s)Antonella Anedda
- PublisherBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- Language(s)English, Italian
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationTyne and Wear
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Translated byJamie McKendrick
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £20.99Trending at £22.49
- £30.68Trending at £40.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.