All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/12/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white tables, 65 black & white halftones, 29 black & white line drawings
- Weight635 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byAaron T. Davis,Andrea Hardy,Ashraf M. Salama,Wolfgang F. E. Preiser
- Table Of ContentsPreface Acknowledgements Foreword Nigel Oseland Part 1: Introduction Wolfgang F.E. Preiser, Aaron T. Davis, Ashraf M. Salama, Andrea Hardy Part 2: Evolution and Role of Architectural Criticism 2. Identity Crisis: Estrangement in the Evolution of Architectural Criticism Aaron T. Davis 3. The Role of Editors as Critics Michael J. Crosbie 4. Is Curating the New Criticism? Pedro Gadanho 5. Architectural Radicalism and Criticism in Brazil Jose T. Lira 6. Superficial Material Similitude Galia Solomonoff 7. The Performance of Buildings, Architects, and Critics Thomas Fisher Reflections on Part 2 Daniel S. Friedman Part 3: Plurality of Perspectives on Criticism in Architecture 8. Media Coverage and Users' Reactions: Al Azhar Park in Cairo Re-examined Ashraf M. Salama 9. The Influence of the 'Milieu' on Architectural Criticism Yann Nussaume 10. Architectural Criticism and Building Evaluation in Germany Ursula Baus, Ulrich Schramm 11. An Analytical Critique of Cairene Urban Conservation Projects Remah Y. Gharib 12. Buildings and Their Use: The Dog That Didn't Bark Frank Duffy 13. Oblique Alternatives: Architectural Advancement Through Performance Paul Knox Reflections on Part 3 Daniel S. Friedman Part 4: Historical Review and Types of Building Performance Evaluation 14. Historical Review of Building Performance Evaluation Wolfgang F.E. Preiser, Andrea E. Hardy 15. Building Performance Evaluation in the UK: So Many False Dawns Bill Bordass, Adrian Leaman 16. Architectural Criticism and Building Performance Evaluation in China Clare Jacobson 17. Architectural Criticism Meets Building Evaluation in Japan Akikazu Kato, Gen Taniguchi, Shiho Mori 18. A Global Perspective on BPE as an Extension of Architectural Criticism Chris Watson Reflections on Part 4 Daniel S. Friedman Part 5: Architectural Analysis within Building Performance Evaluation 19. Using Scientific Research Methods in Assessing Visual Aesthetic Quality Jack L. Nasar 20. Performing the Urban Form-Based Codes as a Method of Architectural Critique Brenda C. Scheer 21. The Socio-cultural Context of Architectural Criticism and Evaluation Yasser Mahgoub 22. Quality Assessments in Health Care Environments Dina Battisto, Deborah Franqui, Clayton Boenecke 23. Building Performance Evaluations and Universal Design Korydon H. Smith 24. Regenerative Design: Redefining the Limits of Architectural Judgment Elizabeth Walsh, Steven A. Moore Reflection on Part 5 Daniel S. Friedman Part 6: Epilogue 25. Talking the Talk: About Architecture Ike Ijeh
- Author BiographyEditors Wolfgang F. E. Preiser, Aaron T. Davis, Ashraf M. Salama and Andrea Hardy represent an aggregate of cutting-edge architectural practice, consulting, research and lecturing on a global basis. They have a collective publication record of 25 books with major publishing houses from around the world. Senior editor Wolfgang F. E. Preiser has chaired national committees in the US, among others, for the National Academy of Sciences; Aaron T. Davis is an architect and building enclosure specialist and serves on the editorial board for the International Journal of Architectural History and Criticism; Ashraf M. Salama is editor of two international professional journals; and Andrea Hardy is an Architect-in-Training exploring the concepts of developing the public realm in growing desert cities.
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £4.73Trending at £5.09
- £3.38Trending at £3.46
- £24.03Trending at £24.44
- £11.79Trending at £12.72
- £6.07Trending at £6.95
- £28.01Trending at £34.22
- £24.33Trending at £36.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.