All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom peaceful glens to beautiful beaches, gorgeous fishing ports to romantic castles: Argyll & the Inner Hebrides have all the ingredients of a classic Scottish holiday. This guide provides invaluable information on transport, accommodation, eating and entertainment to ensure that your trip includes the best of this beautiful Scottish region.
- Author BiographyWhen Alan Murphy upped sticks and left the fleshpots of Dundee to start his own seaweed-collecting business on a remote island croft, many saw it as a cry for kelp. But Alan not only survived several bleak Hebridean winters, he went on to found a sanctuary for wayward seal pups and devoted the next 10 years of his life to working with young stray marine mammals. Later, following a chance encounter with the editor of Footprint's South American Handbook in a sleazy salsa bar in Soho, London, Alan turned his hand to travel writing, trading the rain swept peat moors of northern Scotland for the steamy jungles of South America to research and write Footprint guides to Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador and Venezuela. But the pull of his homeland was too strong and Alan eventually returned to Scotland to write new Footprint guides to Scotland, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Scotland Highlands & Islands. Alan now resides in the bohemian Somerset market town of Frome with his wife and three children.
- Author(s)Alan Murphy,Shona Main
- PublisherFootprint Travel Guides
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleFootprint Focus Guide
- Place of PublicationBath
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFootprint Travel Guides
- Width110 mm
- Height176 mm
- Edition StatementUK ed.
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £8.48Trending at £9.07
- £6.60Trending at £6.88
- £9.60Trending at £13.10
- £12.17Trending at £13.25
- £6.52Trending at £6.88
- £9.91Trending at £13.10
- £3.49Trending at £6.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.