All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book highlights the concrete situation in Pakistan - including the severity of the problem, its health effects and the risks posed to the people living in affected areas by these two major pollutants- and points out essential research areas that call for immediate attention.
- Author BiographyAbida Farooqi received her Ph.D. from the Earth Sciences Department of Osaka City University in 2007 on the Geochemistry of Arsenic and Fluoride and its mechanism. Currently she is Assistant Professor in Environmental Sciences at Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad. Previously she was a faculty at the Environmental Sciences Department, Fatima Jinnah Women University and COMSATS Institute of Information Technology. She teaches courses in Ground and surface Water Chemistry, Environmental Geology, Environmental Analytical Techniques and Environmental Chemistry. Abida Farooqi is Environmental Geochemist, focusing on arsenic and fluoride pollution and its remedial measures in Pakistan. She is involved in several research projects related to arsenic and fluoride pollution at National and International level.
- Author(s)Abida Farooqi
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication23/06/2015
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note27 Tables, black and white; 54 Illustrations, color; 14 Illustrations, black and white; XI, 147 p. 68 illus., 54 illus. in color.
- Weight507 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edition Statement2015 ed.
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.45Trending at £50.95
- £35.99Trending at £48.20
- £27.44Trending at £28.52
- £108.12Trending at £157.74
- £14.41Trending at £16.03
- £10.18Trending at £12.22
- £11.85Trending at £16.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.