All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.48Trending at £5.03
- £25.99Trending at £27.29
- £7.17Trending at £9.11
- £9.51Trending at £9.68
- £10.43Trending at £11.98
- £4.03Trending at £4.08
- £8.31Trending at £9.77
About this product
- DescriptionKaplan examines the relationship between art and science, delineating the role of research and encouraging a spirit of enquiry in art therapy. She looks at the latest scientific developments, especially those in biology, evolution, and brain science, and relates them to theories about the creation and interpretation of art.
- Author BiographyFrances Kaplan, an eminent art therapist working in the US, gained her doctorate in Art Therapy at New York University. She has a background in both art and science and, before becoming an art therapist, worked in chemistry for several years. She has extensive experience in teaching, practising and lecturing on art therapy, including serving as Supervisor of Creative Arts Therapies at Carrier Foundation, a private psychiatric hospital in New Jersey, and as Coordinator of the Art Therapy Graduate Program at Hofstra University, New York. At present she teaches graduate art therapy courses at Marylhurst College, Oregon, and a course in art and conflict resolution at Portland State University, Oregon. She is Publications Chair for the American Art Therapy Association and a member of the editorial board of Art Therapy: Journal of the American Art Therapy Association.
- Author(s)Frances F. Kaplan
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/03/2000
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight199 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.