All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArt Therapy with Children on the Autistic Spectrum presents a new model of practice, which primarily focuses on communication difficulties. The authors describe how negative behaviours and subsequent tension may be alleviated when the autistic child is involved in interactive art making with the therapist.
- Author BiographyKathy Evans is an art therapist specialising in the development of communicative abilities in children with autism. She is the Director of Family Therapy with Resources for Autism, a charity based in Finchley, North London, established to support children and young people with autism spectrum disorder and Asperger's syndrome, and their families. Janek Dubowski received his PhD in Comparative Psychology in 1983, following one of the earliest art therapy research projects in the UK. He is a qualified Psychodynamic Counsellor, has worked in hospitals as a senior Art Therapist, and trained at the Lincoln Memorial Clinic of Psychotherapy in London. He is currently Associate Dean at the Faculty of Art and Design of the University of Hertfordshire, and is also the former Director of the Arts Therapies Programme of the university, which included dance movement and drama therapy. He is currently involved with Integrative Arts Psychotherapy from a Jungian perspective.
- Author(s)Janek K. Dubowski,Kathy Evans
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication08/04/2000
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleArts Therapies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £32.12Trending at £34.19
- £14.70Trending at £15.94
- £29.51Trending at £29.76
- £20.87Trending at £24.20
- £23.91Trending at £29.83
- £11.70Trending at £14.63
- £10.97Trending at £14.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.