Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.54
- £13.11Trending at £19.98
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £19.99
- £18.33Trending at £24.00
- £7.00Trending at £8.50
- £14.76Trending at £17.25
About this product
- DescriptionLewis Mumford was the author of more than thirty influential books, many of which expounded his views on the perils of urban sprawl and a society obsessed with technics. This text provides the essence of Mumford's views on the distinct yet interpenetrating roles of technology and the arts in modern culture.
- Author BiographyLewis Mumford (1895-1979) was the author of numerous important books on American culture, technology, architecture, and urban life, including Technics and Civilization (1934); The Culture of Cities (1938); The City in History (1961); Myth of the Machine I: Technics and Human Development (1967); and Myth of the Machine II: Pentagon of Power (1970).Casey Nelson Blake is professor of history and American studies at Columbia University and the author of Beloved Community: The Cultural Criticism of Randolph Bourne, Van Wyck Brooks, Waldo Frank, and Lewis Mumford.
- Author(s)Lewis Mumford
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication11/10/2000
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleBampton Lectures in America
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight255 g
- Foreword byCasey Nelson Blake
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.