All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £23.29
- £66.16Trending at £91.99
- £8.66Trending at £10.60
- £13.63Trending at £14.16
- £22.22Trending at £23.53
- £19.56Trending at £26.19
- £16.22Trending at £20.27
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an analysis of art as a social and perceptual system by one of Germany's leading social theorist of the late 20th century. It is intended to represent an intellectual step in discussions of art and an important advance in systems theory.
- Author BiographyNiklas Luhmann was Professor of Sociology at the University of Bielefeld. Among his books translated into English are Social Systems (Stanford, 1995), Observations on Modernity (Stanford, 1998), and Love as Passion: The Codification of Intimacy (Stanford paperback, 1998).
- Author(s)Niklas Luhmann
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2000
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleMeridian: Crossing Aesthetics
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight755 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Translated byEva M. Knodt
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.