CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.56
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/10/2012
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number360
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight795 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byDaniel S. McQueen,David J. Paterson,Philip Nolan,Ronan G. O'Regan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1994
- Table Of ContentsEric Neil: An Appreciation.- International Meetings on Chemoreceptors: Historical Perspectives.- Oxygen Sensing in the Carotid Body: Ideas and Models.- Ionic Channels in Type I Carotid Body Cells.- Role of Intracellular pH and [Ca2+]iin Acid Chemoreception in Type I Cells of the Carotid Body.- Neurotransmitters in the Carotid Body.- Reflexes Arising from the Arterial Chemoreceptors.- Central Integration of Chemoreceptor Afferent Activity.- Chemoreceptor Function in the Fetus and Neonate.- The Role of Arterial Chemoreceptors in Ventilatory Acclimatization to Hypoxia.- Chemosensitivity from the Lungs of Vertebrates.- Heymans' Visit to Dublin to Review Buffer Nerve Experiments.- A Belated Centennial Tribute to Corneille Heymans.- Glomera that are not Chemosensitive.- Electrotonic Coupling Between Carotid Body Glomus Cells.- CO-binding Chromophores in Oxygen Chemoreception in the Carotid Body.- Actions of Nicotinic Agonists on Isolated Type I Cells of the Neonatal Rat Carotid Body.- Ca2+-Activated K+-Channels from Isolated Type I Carotid Body Cells of the Neonatal Rat.- Culturing Carotid Body Cells of Adult Cats.- Plasticity in Cultured Arterial Chemoreceptors: Effects of Chronic Hypoxia and Cyclic AMP Analogs.- Carotid Body Chemoreception: Role of Extracellular Ca2+.- Cytosolic Calcium in Isolated Type I Cells of The Adult Rabbit Carotid Body: Effects of Hypoxia, Cyanide and Changes in Intracellular pH.- Characterization of Membrane Currents in Pulmonary Neuroepithelial Bodies: Hypoxia-Sensitive Airway Chemoreceptors.- Ionic Currents on Endothelial Cells of Rat Brain Capillaries.- Urokinase and its Receptor: Markers of Malignancy?.- Electrochemical Measurement of Rapid Dopamine Release in Perfused Cat Carotid Body during Onset of Hypoxia.- Hypoxia-Induced Catecholamine Release from Rat Carotid Body, In Vitro, during Maturation and following Chronic Hypoxia.- Assessment of Na+ Channel Involvement in the Release of Catecholamines from Chemoreceptor Cells of the Carotid Body.- Activation of GTP-binding Proteins by Aluminum Fluoride Modulates Catecholamine Release in the Rabbit Carotid Body.- Catecholamines in the Rabbit Carotid Body: Content And Secretion.- Cholinergic Aspects of Carotid Body Chemotransduction.- Low PO2 Dependency of Neutral Endopeptidase and Acetylcholinesterase Activities of the Rat Carotid Body.- Nitric Oxide Synthase Occurs in Neurons and Nerve Fibers of the Carotid Body.- NO Mimics O2 in the Carotid Body Chemoreception.- Mechanisms of Carotid Body Inhibition.- Proportional Sensitivity of Arterial Chemoreceptors to CO2.- Effects of Expiratory Duration on Chemoreceptor Oscillations.- Effects of Intravenous Infusions of KCl and Lactic Acid On Chemoreceptor Discharge In Anaesthetized Cats.- The Effect of Intravenous Infusion of Lactic Acid on Carotid Chemoreceptor Discharge in Anaesthetized Cats Ventilated with Room Air or 100% O2.- The Carotid Bodies as Thermosensors: Experiments in vitro and in situ, and Importance for Ventilatory Regulation.- Inhibition of Ventilation by Carotid Body Hypocapnia during Sleep.- Metabolic Acid-Base Status and the Role of Carotid Chemoreceptors in Hyperoxic Breathing.- Ventilatory Responses to Histotoxic Chemostimulation in Hypoxia Adapted Rats.- Chemoreflex Sensitization Augments Sympathetic Vasomotor Outflow in Awake Humans.- Carotid Chemoreceptor Control of Vascular Resistance in Resting and Contracting Skeletal Muscle.- Substance P Inhibits Ventilation in the Goat.- Central Glutamate and Substance-P in the Hypoxic Ventilatory Response.- Carotid Chemoreceptor Activity and Heart Rate Responsiveness to Hypoxia after Inhibition of Nitric Oxide Synthase.- Effects of Endothelins on Respiration and Arterial Chemoreceptor Activity in Anaesthetised Rats.- Changes in Blood Glucose Concentration in the Carotid Body Modify Brain Glucose Retention.- Is the Second Carotid Body Redundant?.- Activity of Cardiac Vagal Preganglionic Neurones during the Pulmonary Chemoreflex in the Anaesthetized
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.