All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleSEMPRE Studies in the Psychology of Music
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 16 b&w illustrations and 5 music examples
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byProfessor
- Series Edited byDr Mine Dogantan-Dack
- Table Of ContentsContents: Introduction, Mine DoAYantan-Dack. Part I Institutional and Critical Perspectives: Performing research: some institutional perspectives, Nicholas Cook; Practising research, playing with knowledge, Celia Duffy and Stephen Broad; Artistic research and music scholarship: musings and models from a continental European perspective, Darla Crispin; Determination and negotiation in artistic practice as research in music, Anthony Gritten. Part II Disciplinary and Methodological Issues: Practice-based music research: lessons from a researcher's personal history, Jane W. Davidson; Following performance across the research frontier, Kathryn Whitney; The (f)utility of performance analysis, John Rink; Imaginary workspaces: creative practice and research through electroacoustic composition, John Young. Part III Specific Projects: The role of the musical instrument in performance as research: the piano as a research tool, Mine DoAYantan-Dack; Creating new music for a redesigned instrument, Christopher Redgate; Improvisations towards an origin: the steel cello and the bow chime, Adrian Palka; FLAT TIME/sounding, David Toop; Index.
- Author BiographyMine DoAYantan-Dack is a concert pianist and musicologist (BM/MM, The Juilliard School; PhD, Columbia University). She also holds a BA in Philosophy. Her books include Mathis Lussy: A Pioneer in Studies of Expressive Performance (2002) and the edited volume Recorded Music: Philosophical and Critical Reflections (2008). Mine is currently a Departmental Lecturer at the Faculty of Music, University of Oxford.
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £52.63Trending at £53.70
- £5.35Trending at £5.46
- £22.66Trending at £23.30
- £7.25Trending at £8.49
- £13.99Trending at £14.30
- £10.79Trending at £14.99
- £24.73Trending at £27.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.