All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.99Trending at £16.45
- £28.65Trending at £29.98
- £19.77Trending at £21.59
- £7.94Trending at £10.99
- £24.44Trending at £26.99
- £23.71Trending at £26.09
- £23.54Trending at £24.05
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a framework for broadening the domain of qualitative inquiry in the social sciences by incorporating the arts as a means of better understanding - and rethinking - important social issues.
- Author BiographyTom Barone received his doctorate from Stanford University in 1978. Barone currently teaches courses in curriculum studies and qualitative research methods as Professor of Education in the Arizona State University Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College, in Tempe, AZ. His books, articles, and professional presentations reveal an interest in curriculum as aesthetic, political, and institutional text. Throughout his career, Barone has explored, conceptually and through examples, a variety of narrative and arts-based approaches to contextualizing and theorizing about significant educational issues. Elliot W. Eisner is professor emeritus of education and art at Stanford University. He has taught at Stanford since 1965 where he is best known for his scholarship in three fields: arts education, curriculum studies, and educational evaluation. His research interests focus on the development of aesthetic intelligence and the use of critical methods from the arts in studying and improving educational practice. Dr. Eisner has lectured throughout the world and has published more than 17 books, including The Enlightened Eye: Qualitative Inquiry and the Enhancement of Educational Practice, which explores the uses of critical methods from the arts in studying and describing schools, classrooms, and teaching processes. Dr. Eisner is the recipient of numerous awards for his work, including the 2005 Grawemeyer Award, the Palmer O. Johnson Memorial Award from the American Educational Research Association, a John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship, and a Fulbright Fellowship. Professor Eisner has served as president of the American Educational Research Association, the National Art Education Association, and the International Society for Education through Art, and the Jogn Dewey Society.
- Author(s)Elliot W. Eisner,Tom Barone
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication29/03/2011
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.