All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.69Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £11.34
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
About this product
- DescriptionExtending the understanding of race and ethnicity in the South beyond the prism of black-white relations, this interdisciplinary collection explores the growth, impact, and significance of rapidly growing Asian American populations in the American South. Avoiding the usual focus on the East and West Coasts, several essays attend to the nuanced ways in which Asian Americans negotiate the dominant black and white racial binary, while others provoke readers to reconsider the supposed cultural isolation of the region, reintroducing the South within a historical web of global networks across the Caribbean, Pacific, and Atlantic. Contributors are Vivek Bald, Leslie Bow, Amy Brandzel, Daniel Bronstein, Jigna Desai, Jennifer Ho, Khyati Y. Joshi, ChangHwan Kim, Marguerite Nguyen, Purvi Shah, Arthur Sakamoto, Jasmine Tang, Isao Takei, and Roy Vu.
- Author BiographyJigna Desai is an associate professor of gender, women, and sexuality studies and Asian American studies at the University of Minnesota. Khyati Y. Joshi is an associate professor of education at Fairleigh Dickinson University.
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication14/10/2013
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleAsian American Experience
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Width159 mm
- Height232 mm
- Edited byJigna Desai,Khyati Y. Joshi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.