Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.13
- £9.88Trending at £11.89
- £16.29Trending at £19.08
- £4.00Trending at £4.70
- £4.84Trending at £4.97
- £10.15Trending at £13.48
- £4.48Trending at £4.77
About this product
- DescriptionExplores a neglected cultural and social history from a variety of perspectives.
- Author BiographySook Wilkinson, Ph.D. is an author, psychologist, and community leader who has devoted more than thirty years of her life to improving the lives of others. Passionate about giving back, she serves as vice chair of the board of trustees at Northern Michigan University, USA. She is active on many nonprofit and advisory boards, including those of Global Detroit and the Asian Pacific Islander American Health Forum. Previously, she served as chair of the Michigan Governor's Asian Pacific American Affairs Commission. Victor Jew received his B.A. in history from the University of California-Los Angeles, USA and his doctorate in U.S. history from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA, where he currently teaches in the Asian American Studies Program. He taught at institutions such as Cornell University, USA and Michigan State University, USA, where he offered that campus's first course in Asian American history. He has written on anti-Asian violence in the nineteenth century (Milwaukee in 1889 and Los Angeles in 1871) and is working on a history of Asian American communities in the Midwest from 1870 to the present.
- PublisherWayne State University Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2015
- Language(s)English & English
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleGreat Lakes Books Series
- Place of PublicationDetroit, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWayne State University Press
- Content Note4 illustrations
- Weight630 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited bySook Wilkinson,Victor Jew
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.