All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.36Trending at £4.51
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £2.70Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.30
- £9.81Trending at £12.44
- £7.48Trending at £8.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis third edition highlights the questions critical for facilitating collaboration and school change, offers new questions to shape practice, and provides a CD-ROM with a discussion guide.
- Author BiographyEdie L. Holcomb is executive director of curriculum and instructional services for Kenosha Unified School District No. 1 in Kenosha, Wisconsin. She has experienced the challenges of improving student achievement from many perspectives: * From classroom teacher to university professor* From gifted education coordinator to mainstream teacher of children with multiple disabilities* From school- and district-level administration to national and international consulting* From small rural districts to the challenges of urban education She is highly regarded for her ability to link research and practice on issues related to instructional leadership and school and district change-including standards-based curriculum, instruction, assessment, supervision, and accountability. She has taught at all grade levels, served as a building principal and central office administrator, and assisted districts as an external facilitator for accreditation and implementation of school reform designs. As associate director of the National Center for Effective Schools, she developed a training program for site-based teams and provided technical support for implementation of school improvement efforts throughout the United States and in Canada, Guam, St. Lucia, and Hong Kong. She developed a comprehensive standards-based learning system for the staff and 47,000 students of the Seattle, Washington, city district and has supervised K-12 clusters of schools and evaluated principals. Her work received the Excellence in Staff Development Award from the Iowa Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development in 1988. In 1990, her study of the needs of beginning principals was recognized by the American Association of School Administrators with the Paul F. Salmon Award for Outstanding Education Leadership Research. She served as an elected member-at-large on the Leadership Council for ASCD International, played an active role in Washington State's School Improvement Assistance Program, and contributed to development of the new School System Improvement Resource Guide. Holcomb is the author of four previous books and numerous articles and reviews.
- Author(s)Edie L. Holcomb
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication02/09/2008
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables, diagrams, charts
- Weight680 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.