Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.25Trending at £10.96
- £26.45Trending at £27.73
- £11.12Trending at £13.99
- £7.44Trending at £8.96
- £10.89Trending at £12.26
- £18.09Trending at £19.16
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a novel approach to the social scientific study of violence. It argues for an 'extended' definition of violence in order to avoid subscribing to commonsensical or state propagated definitions of violence, and pays specific attention to 'autotelic violence' (violence for the sake of itself), as well as to terrorism.
- Author BiographyWILLEM SCHINKEL is Associate Professor of Theoretical Sociology, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands. He has published books and articles on theoretical sociology and various subjects such as citizenship, the state and art. His previous publications include Globalization and the State.
- Author(s)Willem Schinkel
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/02/2010
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleCultural Criminology
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight460 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.