Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.98
- £19.38Trending at £29.99
- £9.88Trending at £11.14
- £11.32Trending at £12.33
- £12.89Trending at £16.62
- £10.84Trending at £11.28
- £11.30Trending at £13.24
About this product
- DescriptionGrounded in knowledge about the biopsychosocial processes involved in addictive behaviors, this book presents research-based, practical strategies for assessing the treatment needs and ongoing clinical outcomes of individuals who have problems with substance use and nonchemical addictions.
- Author BiographyDennis M. Donovan, PhD, is Director of the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Institute, Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, and Adjunct Professor in the Department of Psychology at the University of Washington. He has published extensively in the area of substance abuse and addictive behaviors, with research funding from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism and the National Institute on Drug Abuse. He has served on the editorial boards of the Journal of Studies on Alcohol, Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, and Addiction. A member of a number of national professional organizations, Dr. Donovan is past president of the Society of Psychologists in Addictive Behaviors, and is a Fellow of Division 50 (Division on Addictions) of the American Psychological Association. G. Alan Marlatt, PhD, until his death in 2011, was Director of the Addictive Behaviors Research Center and Professor of Psychology at the University of Washington. For over 30 years, Dr. Marlatt conducted pioneering work on understanding and preventing relapse in substance abuse treatment and was a leading proponent of the harm reduction approach to treating addictive behaviors. He was a recipient of honors including the Jellinek Memorial Award for outstanding contributions to knowledge in the field of alcohol studies, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Innovators Combating Substance Abuse Award, the Research Society on Alcoholism's Distinguished Researcher Award, and the Career/Lifetime Achievement Award from the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight694 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byDennis M. Donovan,G. Alan Marlatt
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.