All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.68Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the promise and limits of community development. This title provides an approach to asset building by focusing on the role of different forms of community capital in the development process. It explores how communities are building on their key assets - physical, human, social, financial, environmental, political, and cultural capital.
- Author BiographyGary Paul Green is a professor in the Department of Community & Environmental Sociology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and a community development specialist in the Center for Community & Economic Development at the University of Wisconsin-Extension. Green's teaching and research interests are primarily in the areas of community and economic development. In addition to his work in the U.S., he has been involved in community and economic development research and teaching in China, New Zealand, South Korea, Uganda, and Ukraine. Anna L. Haines, Ph.D. is a professor in the College of Natural Resources at the University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point and a land use and community development specialist with the University of Wisconsin-Extension. Haines received her Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin - Madison in the Department of Urban and Regional Planning. Her research and teaching focuses on planning and community development from a natural resources or environmental perspective. Her research has focused on evaluating community planning and zoning in terms of smart growth and sustainability, land parcelization, and local food systems. Her extension work has focused on comprehensive planning and planning implementation tools and techniques, sustainable communities, and property rights issues.
- Author(s)Anna L. Haines,Gary P. Green
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication08/03/2011
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date03/06/2015
- Content Notecolour line drawings, colour tables, figures, charts
- Weight617 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.