All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Michael D. Inglis
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication05/12/2014
- GenrePopular Science
- Series TitleThe Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note240 black & white illustrations, 43 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight582 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction.- The Tools of the Trade.- Planetary Science.- The Interstellar Medium.- Star Birth.- The Sun and Stars.- The Death of Stars.- Exoplanets.- Galaxies.- Active Galaxies.- Cosmology.- Index.
- Author BiographyDr Mike Inglis was born in Wales in the UK, but lives and works in the USA, where he is Professor of Astrophysics at Suffolk County Community College, State University of New York. His qualifications include a BSc Physics, MSc in Astronomy & Astronautics, and a PhD in Astrophysics. He is a Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society, NASA's Solar System Ambassador, a Member of the American Astronomical Society, a Member of the UK Planetary Forum, a Member of the International Astronomical Union, a Member of the Association for Astronomy in Education, and a Member of the Society of Popular Astronomy. He is the author of many books and papers including Field Guide to Deep Sky Objects, (Springer), An Observer's Guide to Stellar Evolution, (Springer), Astronomy of the Milky Way, Vols I & II, (Springer) and Observer's Guide to Star Clusters (Springer, currently in production). He is the Series Editor of Springer's Practical Astronomy Observing Guides.
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.68Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.