All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £7.71Trending at £8.78
- £13.75Trending at £15.23
- £10.22Trending at £13.57
- £7.42Trending at £9.97
- £7.52Trending at £7.68
- £11.78Trending at £14.84
- £6.74Trending at £8.62
About this product
- DescriptionA study revealing Shakespeare's career-long engagement with the sea and his frequent use of maritime imagery. It sets Shakespeare's sea-poetry against modern literary seascapes, including the vast Pacific of Moby-Dick , the rocky coast of Charles Olson's Maximus Poems , and the lyrical waters of the postcolonial Caribbean .
- Author BiographySteve Mentz is Associate Professor of English at St. John's University in New York City, USA, where he teaches Shakespeare and Renaissance literature. He is author of Romance for Sale in Early Modern England (Ashgate, 2006) and co-editor of Rogues and Early Modern English Culture (Michigan, 2004). His maritime research has been supported by the Folger Shakespeare Library, the John Carter Brown Library, Mystic Seaport, the National Endowment for the Humanities, and the National Maritime Museum in London.
- Author(s)Steve Mentz
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication08/10/2009
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleShakespeare Now!
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.