Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £22.27Trending at £23.75
- £17.90Trending at £18.81
- £21.83Trending at £29.70
- £12.99Trending at £13.28
- £11.57Trending at £13.40
- £10.91Trending at £14.18
- £8.91Trending at £10.04
About this product
- DescriptionThis atlas will help dermatologists, primary care physicians, physician assistants, nurses, and others to identify cancerous skin lesions correctly. It includes hundreds of high-quality color images and all of the common cutaneous malignancies are illustrated.
- Author BiographyDr. Hendi graduated, with honors (Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa), from the University of Miami with a degree in Microbiology and Immunology. In 1999, he received his Doctor of Medicine degree, with highest honors (Alpha Omega Alpha) from the University of Miami School of Medicine as a member of the accelerated Medical Scholars Program. He received his training in Internal Medicine and Dermatology at the University of Pittsburgh. Thereafter, he pursued fellowship training in Mohs and reconstructive surgery under the directorship of Drs. John A. Zitelli, and David G. Brodland, former presidents of the American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS). In 2004 Dr. Hendi joined the Department of Dermatology at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida as the youngest faculty on staff. There he served as a skin cancer specialist and Mohs surgeon dedicated to providing exceptional service, research and resident education. As an Assistant Professor of Dermatology, Dr. Hendi was the primary investigator of two research projects, with implications on melanoma diagnosis and wound healing. Dr. Hendi has published over 20 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters. His most recent book, the Atlas of Skin Cancers, will be published by Springer Medical Publishing in 2010. He serves as a reviewer for the journal Dermatologic Surgery. He is a frequent speaker at national and international meetings and the inventor of the Hendi-Frazier, and Hendi-Roth skin hooks. Dr Martinez grew up in Tampa, FL. He received his undergraduate degree at Dartmouth College, his medical degree at Mayo Clinic School of Medicine, his dermatology training at Duke University Medical Center, and completed his fellowship in Mohs Surgery and Procedural Dermatology at the Oregon Health & Science University. He is currently a Mohs surgeon and cutaneous oncologist in the Department of Dermatology at the Mayo Clinic in Florida. Dr Martinez specializes in the management of skin cancer and has particular interests in high risk squamous cell skin cancer, cutaneous oncology in transplant patients, and in surgical reconstruction of Mohs defects. In his personal time, he enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.
- Author(s)Ali Hendi,Juan Carlos Martinez
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication17/12/2010
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight609 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2011
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.