CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.31Trending at £9.15
- £6.52Trending at £6.94
- £9.60Trending at £13.18
- £12.17Trending at £13.36
- £6.95Trending at £8.98
- £10.78Trending at £13.89
- £10.67Trending at £12.44
About this product
- DescriptionWith a visual compendium of optimal suturing and wound repair practice, covering 75 must-know techniques, this book presents the building blocks of suturing and wound repair in an at-a-glance, economical atlas format. It covers 75 suture techniques, providing detailed step-by-step instructions adjacent to drawings and photos of the techniques.
- Author BiographyJonathan Kantor, MD, MSCE, MA is an international authority on dermatology and skin surgery, who speaks frequently around the world on surgical techniques, skin cancer, atypical moles, wound healing, and other topics. He has authored more than 75 research articles, book chapters, and abstracts, and is active on the national level and in his local community. Dr. Kantor serves as Medical Director, Florida Center for Dermatology, PA as well as Adjunct Assistant Professor of Dermatology at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, the nation's oldest and top-ranked academic dermatology department. Dr. Kantor's work has been published in every major dermatology journal, and his research has been quoted in the lay press on television, in newspapers, and in magazines such as Prevention, Reader's Digest, Self, and Fitness. One of the benchmark surgical techniques developed by Dr. Kantor, the set-back dermal suture, was the subject of a randomized controlled trial performed at the University of California, as well as a major journal editorial, where it was shown to be superior to the former gold standard technique-potentially changing the standard approach to surgical wound repair. Dr. Kantor serves as a member of the Editorial Board for the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, and is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology's Professionalism and Ethics Committee, where he chairs a workgroup. He has also been awarded the Member Making a Difference Award by the American Academy of Dermatology, the Academy's highest award offered for volunteerism. Dr. Kantor received his B.A. in Intellectual History from the University of Pennsylvania magna cum laude and was elected Phi Beta Kappa as an undergraduate. He then pursued broader interests and was awarded a Master's degree in history and entered the Ph.D. program in history at Penn, which he left to begin his formal medical training. During his medical studies, Dr. Kantor earned a National Institutes of Health (NIH) funded fellowship in clinical epidemiology and was awarded both an M.D. as well as a Masters of Science in Clinical Epidemiology.
- Author(s)Jonathan Kantor
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- GenreSurgery: Professional
- Series TitleDermatology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Weight603 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.