CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £6.36Trending at £6.93
- £12.17Trending at £13.34
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
- £10.15Trending at £14.95
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a growing scholarly interest in Hindu religion. Associated with this is the attention to sacred images and their worship. This book extends the discussion on Indian images and their worship, bringing historical and comparative dimensions and considering Krishna worship in the context of modernity, both in India and the West.
- Author BiographyKenneth Russell Valpey is currently a post-doctoral research fellow of the Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies and an associate lecturer of the University of Wales, Lampeter (Open Learning Theology and Religious Studies Programme). He has studied, practiced, and taught the murti-seva tradition of Chaitanya Vaishnavism since 1972.
- Author(s)Kenneth Russell Valpey
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/04/2006
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleRoutledge Hindu Studies Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white halftones, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight494 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.