All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores the expansion of audiovisual translation (AVT) studies and practices within European institutions, universities and businesses. Contributors focus on the intersections of AVT with cultures and languages and address the important issue of media accessibility.
- Author BiographySilvia Bruti is Associate Professor of English language and translation at the University of Pisa. She has published widely in the areas of text linguistics, discourse analysis, (historical) pragmatics, corpus linguistics and translation. She has recently conducted research on the translation of compliments, terms of address and conversational routines in interlingual subtitling and dubbing. Elena Di Giovanni is Lecturer in translation at the University of Macerata, where she is also Director of the Language Centre and of the international MA in Accessibility to Media, Arts and Culture. Her research interests include translation as intercultural communication, translation and postcolonialism, and audiovisual translation. She has published extensively on subtitling, dubbing and audio description and has been working as a professional audiovisual translator for over twenty years.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication11/01/2013
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleNew Trends in Translation Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight410 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byElena Di Giovanni,Silvia Bruti
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.73
- £21.31Trending at £29.90
- £5.35Trending at £5.98
- £5.50Trending at £5.78
- £13.47Trending at £25.43
- £18.30Trending at £29.77
- £18.23Trending at £18.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.