All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of audition speeches for female Black, South Asian and Middle Eastern actors, from a broad selection of plays by British and international playwrights.
- Author BiographySimeilia Hodge-Dallaway - the former manager of the Black Play Archive at the National Theatre, London - was born in East London to West Indian parents. She trained as a theatre director at the Young Vic Theatre and the National Theatre and has worked nationally and internationally as a director, producer, audience development consultant, teacher and facilitator in theatres and schools. Simeilia has been affiliated with theatres such as National Theatre, Theatre Royal Stratford East, Arcola Theatre, Eclipse Theatre, Kali Theatre, West Yorkshire Playhouse and the Baxter Theatre (South Africa). She has devised and facilitated workshops about Black British plays for a wide range of arts organisations and universities. Her film Voices from the Black Row, a short documentary celebrating Black British artists, was released in 2013.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- GenreOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleAudition Speeches
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Weight172 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited bySimeilia Hodge-Dallaway
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.71
- £15.91Trending at £19.91
- £13.02Trending at £19.92
- £2.81Trending at £3.58
- £10.99Trending at £12.94
- £2.50Trending at £4.17
- £4.99Trending at £9.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.