All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.37Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.07
- £8.79Trending at £12.98
- £2.81Trending at £4.00
- £8.89Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the decades of Bourbon ascendancy after 1874, Alabama institutions were dominated by whites. This is the story of former slave and sharecropper Jack Turner who refused to accept a society so structured. Intelligent, physically imposing and an orator of persuasive talents, Turner was fearless before whites and emerged as a leader of his race.
- Author BiographyWilliam Warren Rogers is Emeritus Professor of History at Florida State University and author of The One-Gallused Rebellion: Agrarianism in Alabama. Robert David Ward is Emeritus Professor of History at Georgia Southern University and coauthor (with Rogers) of Convicts, Coal, and the Banner Mine Tragedy.
- Author(s)Robert David Ward,William Warren Rogers
- PublisherThe University of Alabama Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2004
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleLibrary of Alabama Classics Series
- Place of PublicationAlabama
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Alabama Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.