All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAugustus John studied at the Slade with his sister Gwen before both of them went to Paris. He lived and worked at feverish speed and his drawings were astonishing for their fluid lyrical line, their vigor and spontaneity. His life became a complex tale of two cities, London and Paris, of two wives and many families.
- Author BiographyBesides the biographies of Augustus John, Bernard Shaw and Lytton Strachey (which was filmed as Carrington), Michael Holroyd has written two volumes of memoirs, Basil Street Blues and Mosaic. He was president of the Royal Society of Literature from 2003 - 2008 and is the only non-fiction writer to have been awarded the British Literature Prize. He lives in London and Somerset with his wife, the novelist Margaret Drabble.
- Author(s)Michael Holroyd
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- GenreAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight933 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £7.82Trending at £9.11
- £13.80Trending at £20.41
- £17.38Trending at £22.94
- £18.07Trending at £21.70
- £13.77Trending at £19.03
- £13.69Trending at £18.63
- £13.25Trending at £18.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.