Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.50Trending at £17.14
- £25.51Trending at £37.29
- £13.28Trending at £14.42
- £8.50Trending at £10.51
- £19.20Trending at £30.00
- £9.66Trending at £14.96
- £11.79Trending at £17.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis title details the famous Battle of the Three Emperors , featuring the three most powerful individuals and armies in Europe. It examines the attacks and counterattacks at Austerlitz with accompanying illustrations on the movements of the opposing armies.
- Author BiographyIan Castle was a founder member of the Napoleonic Association in 1975. Since then he has made an extensive study of the Austrian Army of the Napoleonic Wars period and is recognized as a leading English-language authority on the subject. He has written several books and numerous articles on the subject, including Campaign 33 Aspern & Wagram 1809 and Campaign 56 Eggmuhl 1809.
- Author(s)Ian Castle
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/03/2002
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey Campaign S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 101
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note70 b&w and 14 colour illustrations, maps, chronology, index
- Weight318 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Illustrator(s)Christa Hook
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- rafregimentprof...01 Feb, 2011by
Book 101 in the osprey campaign series,is a'fresh angle' from the original book from 1990. In the usual format for this series,the introduction does not labour Napoleon's rise to power or the changes in europe up to december 1804.We move on to opposing plans,commanders and armies,further setting the scene for the coming campaign and battle,giving some insight as to why the battle was fought.The chapters on the opening moves,march to,and battle are full of detail without being overly long,complemented by a concise order of battle and some excellent art work by christa Hook.Finishing with the aftermath for all of Europe.A good addition to my collection.