CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.92Trending at £24.50
- £40.17Trending at £44.44
- £27.28Trending at £27.76
- £12.69Trending at £13.18
- £20.30Trending at £26.98
- £16.38Trending at £16.77
- £21.17Trending at £24.44
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an inside look at how meteorologists and forecasters predict the weather. Through field observation and interviews, this work shows that weather forecasts are often shaped as much by social and cultural factors inside local offices as they are by approaching cumulus clouds.
- Author BiographyGary Alan Fine is professor of sociology at Northwestern University and the author of numerous books, including Everyday Genius: Self-Taught Art and the Culture of Authenticity; With the Boys: Little League Baseball and Preadolescent Culture; and Shared Fantasy: Role Playing Games as Social Worlds, all published by the University of Chicago Press.
- Author(s)Gary Alan Fine
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication24/07/2007
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note3 halftones, 1 map
- Weight582 g
- Width90 mm
- Height60 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.