All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing on from the popular and provocative First Edition, the Second Edition offers the latest research on autistic spectrum disorders, exploring theories at the psychological, neurobiological and 'first cause' levels to methods of assessment, intervention, education and support.
- Author BiographyJill Boucher is Professor of Developmental Psychology at City University in London. Initially she trained and worked as a speech and language therapist. Within a few years, however, the need to better understand the brain, and those malfunctions of the brain that cause communication and language impairments, led her to retrain and pursue an academic career as a neuropsychologist. After some years teaching and researching at the University of Warwick, she moved to Sheffield University to supervise an existing vocational course for speech and language therapists. She subsequently played a critical role in developing a multi-disciplinary Department of Human Communication Sciences at Sheffield, where research and practice are equally valued, and mutually beneficial. The conviction that practitioners and researchers must work collaboratively to improve the lives of people with ASD, and to help families and others who support and provide for them, informs the approach taken in the present book.
- Author(s)Jill Boucher
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/02/2017
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £6.58Trending at £7.00
- £12.38Trending at £15.88
- £7.97Trending at £10.00
- £44.83Trending at £49.49
- £42.58Trending at £46.05
- £5.54Trending at £6.01
- £9.98Trending at £13.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.