All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA lucid and self-contained treatment of many key ideas in topological dynamics, achieved by focusing on equivalence relations and automorphisms.
- Author BiographyDavid B. Ellis received his PhD in algebraic topology from the University of California, Berkeley. He has taught at a wide variety of institutions including Yale University, Vassar College, and Washington University in St Louis, and is currently a member of the faculty at Beloit College in Wisconsin. He has published papers in algebraic topology, foliations, fractal geometry and topological dynamics. Robert Ellis, a student of W. Gottschalk, is one of the founders of topological dynamics. He received his PhD from the University of Pennsylvania. During his long and productive career he made many major contributions to the abstract theory of topological dynamics, including his joint continuity theorem and the introduction of the enveloping semigroup. In so doing he laid the foundation for an algebraic approach to topological dynamics. Professor Ellis retired from the University of Minnesota in 1995 and was named a fellow of the AMS in 2012.
- Author(s)David B. Ellis,Robert Ellis
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- Series TitleLondon Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series
- Series Part/Volume Number412
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note80 exercises
- Weight420 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.36Trending at £4.51
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £2.70Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.30
- £9.81Trending at £12.44
- £6.88Trending at £7.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.