All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £13.30Trending at £13.53
- £11.65Trending at £13.99
- £13.45Trending at £16.42
- £6.95Trending at £7.07
- £11.09Trending at £12.99
- £12.58Trending at £17.98
- £8.50Trending at £8.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe book begins with an overview covering the historical context of B vitamins, disease and fortification effects. Coverage then includes chemistry, biochemistry and metabolism; analysis; and finishes with the functional effects in humans.
- Author BiographyVictor Preedy is currently Professor of Nutritional Biochemistry and Director of Genomics Centre, King's College London and Professor of Clinical Biochemistry at King's College Hospital London. After graduating with a BSc degree in Physiology with Pharmacology and Biology, Professor Preedy carried out a period of research on protein metabolism in the Department of Nutrition at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. After the successful award of his PhD he studied aspects of cardiac protein metabolism at the National Heart Hospital. After 4 years, he then moved to the MRC Clinical Research Centre in Harrow, which was followed by his appointment as a lecturer to Kings College in 1988. He was promoted to Reader in 1995 and Professor in 2003. Professor Preedy has published over 550 articles, which includes over 160 peer-reviewed manuscripts based on original research and 90 reviews as well as 35 books.
- Author(s)T. Yagi
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication23/10/2012
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleFood and Nutritional Components in Focus
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byVictor R. Preedy
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.