All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA 2004 selection of songs of praise and songs for choral performances composed by Bacchylides (c. 520-450 BC).
- Author BiographyHerwig Maehler is Emeritus Professor of Papyrology at the Department of Greek and Latin, University College London. His publications include Die Auffassung des Dichterberufs im fruhen Griechentum bis zur Zeit Pindars (1963), Die Handschriften der S. Jacobi-Kirche Hamburg (1967), Urkunden romischer Zeit (1968), Papyri aus Hermupolis (1974), Die Lieder des Bakchylides (2 vols.) (1982, 1997); Greek Bookhands of the Early Byzantine Period (with G. Cavallo) 1987; editions of Bacchylides and Pindar.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/06/2004
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCambridge Greek and Latin Classics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight290 g
- Width123 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byH. Maehler
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £7.71Trending at £8.78
- £13.75Trending at £15.19
- £10.22Trending at £13.57
- £7.42Trending at £9.97
- £7.52Trending at £7.68
- £11.78Trending at £14.93
- £6.74Trending at £8.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.