Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.78
- £21.13Trending at £29.96
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £5.50Trending at £5.79
- £13.47Trending at £25.48
- £18.30Trending at £29.84
- £18.23Trending at £18.99
About this product
- DescriptionThrough a musical language involving symbols, numbers, and tonality, J S Bach created emotional dimension in the preludes and fugues of The Well-Tempered Clavier . This book explores the use of that language, revealing how Bach used harmonic design and melodic and rhythmic motivic formulas to adhere to the basic doctrine of the Theory of Affects.
- Author BiographyMarjorie Wornell Engels taught music professionally for 40 years, including 12 years on the faculty of the Royal Conservatory of Music of Toronto. She now lives in Campbell River on Vancouver Island.
- Author(s)Marjorie Wornell Engels
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication29/03/2006
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations, bibliography, index
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.